> Divan Santana <di...@santanas.co.za> [20240131 165546 +0200]:
>
> b...@po.cwru.edu writes:
>
> > Onboard SATA seems to require additional initialization on a Gigabyte
> > B650 in OpenBSD 7.4 amd64; basic requests take minutes to complete and
> > each block read takes 30 seconds.  During boot, attached SSDs will block
> > pending these requests;
>
> I have the same issue.  I was hoping to install openbsd 7.4 on this new
> AMD MSI board server.
>
> This issue is quite a show stopper for me.
>
> If anyone wants some further input from me to debug this, let me know.
>
> @b...@po.cwru.edu is there any workaround?

The only user-land workaround I know is to suspend with `zzz -z`.  After
resuming, the bus seems to be in a workable state.

I've had great success with the noted kernel driver workaround, which
applies the reset during system startup.  Optical drive performance has
been as expected with that workaround.

Hopefully one of those will work for you, and if any OpenBSD developers
are listening, maybe one of them can see the "right" way to do this.