Just today I found my openbsd server curiously stalled... not completely
dead, could switch consoles, ping it.. but otherwise unresponsive.

Found out that smbd was eating huge amounts of memory, and I put the crash
down to smbd.

I applied ( by hand, patch did not work ) the patches Paul wrote.. and now
smbd is behaving in a more sane fashion, though still seems to be very
slowly climbing in memory useage, though nothing like it was before.

It was climbing at around 1Mb of ram per second before hand, now it is
only using 6mb of ram ( started at 2.7 ish mb of ram ) according to top.

So either there is still some memory leakage in telldir and friends, or
smbd has other memory leaks in it, or this is just normal behaviour for
smbd.

But the patch definately put a stop on the rapid memory consumtion.

Thanks Paul