Depending on your needs, you could use a FUSE-based solution like encfs.
There are numerous alternatives such as gocryptfs, or ecryptfs but AFAIK
they don't work with OpenBSD's FUSE implementation.

Rclone supports encrypted remotes. Without FUSE you'd need to copy files
manually, though.

You could also have a look at VeraCrypt.