On Wed, Mar 06, 2024 at 09:16:01AM -0000, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> On 2024-03-06, Avon Robertson <avo...@xtra.co.nz> wrote:
> > 6.  Serial Console Info, and OpenBSD 7.4 dmesg.boot
> >
> > Output has been captured via a serial console from the problem machine
> > from each of the installed snapshots on a subsequent cold boot.  Each
> > set of captured information has shown that the machine has stopped at:
> >
> >     smu7_powergate_uvd+0x23:        movb    %dh,0xdb9(%rax)
> >
> > Other captured information from each of the snapshots is almost
> > identical.
>
> Including boot messages from a problematic kernel + diff between that
> and the last working one + information about the crashes (at least:
> panic message or other messages when it stopped, trace, ps) would be
> helpful.
>
> > The following set of captured information is from the last snapshot
> > installed on the machine.  It is followed by dmesg.boot from a
> > previously installed working 7.4 snapshot.
> >
> > The captured information plus the 7.4 snapshot are deliberately not
> > included in this post as this email would be > 83k bytes.
>
> An 83k email which includes the information necessary to tell what's going on
> is more useful than a shorter one which doesn't.
>
> > My question is: should I send everything to b...@openbsd.org?
>
> That's probably the best place to send it.

Thank you for your reply Stuart.

The extra information you outlined above, except the diff, was collected
each time when the system auto dropped into ddb.

The last working snapshot's dmesg.boot has been added at the end of the
prepared post for bugs@.  I suspect it may be more useful than a diff,
as the install75 snapshots do not boot to the login prompt.  So I will
send what I have a.s.a.p and then prepare the diff you have suggested.
If after I have examined it, and consider that it will be useful, I will
post it to bugs@.

The subject line I will use for bugs@ is the same as this one, minus the
word 'Question'.

--