On 2024-03-08, ofthecentury <ofthecent...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I made a little progress. I made routing table show now by
> setting re0 interface to down. It seems like everything is
> set up now to work, but I'm getting no internet connectivity.
> Here's the pastebin of dmesg/ifconfig/routes:
> https://pastebin.com/imXdfPqC

When people ask for a dmesg, they mean a complete dmesg.
And pastebin is more for things like IRC - better to include
the actual things directly in email, it's less annoying for readers.

> When I unplug the USB dongle, plug ethernet cable into
> re0 and set re0 to up, internet connectivity is there. So,
> why is the ure0 not working?

You have the same address range on re0 and ure0, and a default
route pointing out of re0.

> A separate question: why is ure0 interface not added to the
> egress group when the USB dongle is plugged in? I had to
> manually add it to egress because my pf firewall is configured
> to filter egress. Maybe there's an issue there somehow?

Interfaces automatically have the 'egress' group applied if there's
a default route pointing out of them. There's no default route
pointing out of ure0 so that's why.