For the droves who have/will have the same question:
You can disable DPMS by tweaking the Xorg config
out. First, get the monitor identifier from your
/var/log/Xorg.0.log. Then, add a dpms.conf file to
/usr/X11R6/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/ with this:
Section "Monitor"
    Identifier "LVDS0"  [insert your monitor identifier]
    Option "DPMS" "false"
EndSection
Kill xenodm and launch xenodm again.
Confirm by running 'xset q' that DPMS is disabled.
Laptop screen will not shut off on you again.