Apologies for the newbie question: I'm new to mailing lists. ;D

I sent a message to this list earlier from a ProtonMail account, and
none of the replies have arrived (not even in Junk), even though I see
there are replies via the web archive... so I don't have a message to
reply to.

I've since subscribed to this mailing list on a different email account
where I can author messages on the command line instead of through a web
interface, but there have been no new replies on my original message
since I subscribed, so I still don't have a message to reply to.

How do I send a reply to a thread I have no messages from in my inbox?

I'm using the `mail` command. I couldn't find anything that seemed
helpful from the majordomo help commands, nor through online searching.
I see there are "In-Reply-To" headers on other messages I've received
from the mailing list, but they seem like generated values, and as I
don't have any messages from the thread I want to reply to I don't know
what to set for that.

The thread I want to reply to is titled (started in the last 24 hours):

    Re: pf nat64 rule not matching

I know someone could reply to that thread and I'd get it in my inbox and
could reply from there, but I am curious how I would do this without
that kind of intervention, in case there are other messages that predate
my subscription that I'd want to reply to.

Thanks for the help!