• Страхиња Радић [2024-03-21 16:31]:
On 24/03/20 08:15AM, Kirill Miazine wrote:
#!/bin/sh
ifconfig wg1 | \
     grep wgaip | \
     awk '{print $2} ' | \
     grep /32$ | \
     sed 's/\/32//' | \
     sort | while read x; do
   ping -w 1 -c 1 $x 2>&1
done

Just FYI, you don't need backslashes (\) here, as the command ending with a
pipe is an incomplete pipeline. ;-)

ah, thanks a lot, good to know!

in this case I added escaped newlines when posting, i have all on one line, but I think i could have scripts where a pipe is followed by escaped newline. have to check that one.

i see some scripts in /etc also use escaped newlines after pipes:

root@stable ~ # grep -r '| \\$' /etc/
/etc/daily:     baksize=`disklabel $bakdisk 2>/dev/null | \
/etc/daily:     rootsize=`disklabel $rootdisk 2>/dev/null | \
/etc/weekly:            echo "${UPDATEDB} --fcodes=-" | \