* Peter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [060320 23:00]:

Hi everyone.  I am troubleshooting a client (running OpenBSD 3.8) who
cannot connect to a Canadian cable provider (videotron.ca) with
dhclient.  dhclient cannot find a dhcp server.  Is there anything
special one needs to do besides 'dhclient <int>'?  The connection is
made instantly when win2k box is connected directly to the modem.

I don't know about Videotron, but with Telus (ADSL provider) they
register the MAC of your NIC used with the DSL modem.  If you get a
new NIC, or use a different NIC from a new PC, you have to register
the new NIC's MAC.

Your Videotron help desk should know if you're not sure.

--
W. Steven Schneider  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>