On Sat, 27 Apr 2024 17:11:56 +0200
"Cristian Danila" <clau...@postmail.ro> wrote:

> Dear Misc,
>
> I would really appreciate if someone can give
> me a hint on how can make emmc card bootable
> on a RockPro64 board.
> This is what I did:
> 1) prepared micro sd card:
> dd if=install75.img of=/dev/sdg bs=1024M
> dd if=idbloader.img of=/dev/sdg bs=512 seek=64
> dd if=u-boot.itb of=/dev/sdg bs=512 seek=16384
>
> copy "rk3399-rockpro64-v2.dtb" to boot partition at
> following location: /dtb/rockchip/rk3399-rockpro64-v2.dtb
>
> 2) I did installed openbsd on emmc card
>
> But after installed it, before reboot, I understood that I need to
> write the 3 files: idbloader.img, u-boot.itb and
> rk3399-rockpro64-v2.dtb into emmc card.
> So before reboot, use console and write the files.
> Could you please help me in telling how I do that?
> I think(still struggling with it) that somehow I have to copy the
> same sectors
> from sdcard and write it to emmc + copy the dtb file.
>
> Thank you.

Hello,

I wrote in the past "notes / process tasks" to follow for fresh install
OpenBSD on a RockPro 64, was done for 6.7-current.
I don't know if still available:

https://blog.burelli.fr/en/arm/arm64-install-openbsd-rockpro64/

For now i am using quartz-a-model from Pine64.

Succently:

* dtb has to be installed on the USB Key, because kernel on usb key has
  to detect the emmc and has to be able to write on it. Without
  installing dtb on the USB key, it’s impossible to write to the emmc
  card.

--> After reboot the installed kernel should detect and write on the
emmc. install dtb if not.

Ations to do on another machine to prepare the installation (sd1 is usb
key):
doas mount /dev/sd1i /mnt
doas mkdir /mnt/rockchip
doas cp /usr/local/share/dtb/arm64/rockchip/rk3399-rockpro64.dtb
/mnt/rockchip/
doas umount /mnt

Olivier.