On 2024-04-30, Souji Thenria <m...@souji-thenria.net> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> In the last couple of days, I played with the webserver Caddy [1] and
> would like to use it for some of my web applications. However, the
> webserver is currently not in the ports tree. Is there a specific reason
> for that, or has no one wanted to create and maintain
> the port yet?
>
> If it's the latter, I might try to do it.
>
> [1] https://caddyserver.com/

It's a bit of a pain, there's no privdrop code so in order to provide
service on the standard http/https port numbers you either need to run
as route or use PF or something else to redirect/proxy the connections.
On Linux they use setcap to allow non-privileged processes to bind to
privileged ports but that's not really desirable and is not possible
with OpenBSD.

In general go ports are a total pain as well.

A basic port would look something like https://junkpile.org/caddy.tgz