Hi,

On 06/05/2024 18:14, Benjamin Raskin wrote:
Hello, all;

I've been having some issues getting bgpd to announce IPv6 routes,
apologies for the dumb question in advance.

I've setup rad(8) and bgpd(8) on an OpenBSD machine. bgpd(8) is
sending routes over to some neighbors (routes such as
fd80::fce1:baff:fea6:bf3a) while rad(8) is sending prefix information
for hosts to auto assign themselves some address (such as
2620:ba:6000:3:21db:f1bb:8ad9:21d6).

Is it possible to have a sample network diagram or at least a better description of how you setup your network?

[...]

bgpd(8) is configued to advertise all connected and static routes,
however bgpd(8) only advertises routes that are connected to the wg0
interface and none that are connected on the vport0 interface.

I'm not sure you must use BGP to advertise all your connected and static routes. Of course it depends on your setup and goals but ideally before BGP you may use an IGP for any prefix related to your infrastructure.
Then use BGP for what you consider as your 'end-user' prefix    .

But speaking of BGP at this point if you want to announce a prefix (not just addresses), you must advertise it by BGP *and* it must be in your routing table.

[...]

As far as I can tell bgpd(8) is configured correctly, and there are no
anomalies when it comes to routes. Below is a sample of my bgpd(8)
configuration for reference.

AS 10261

neighbor fe80::9ab7:85ff:fe00:3726%mgre0 {
         remote-as 10261
}
neighbor fe80::9ab7:85ff:fe00:3727%mgre0 {
         remote-as 10261
}

network inet6 priority 4
network inet6 connected
network inet6 static

Is it this router that is speaking with your upstream?

Here you expect bgp to advertise routes:
- with a priority somewhere else
- connected
- statically configured

Do you have them in the routing table?