Am So., 12. Mai 2024 um 21:18 Uhr schrieb Walter Alejandro Iglesias
<w...@roquesor.com>:
> On Sun May 12 20:58:43 2024 Andreas Kähäri wrote
> > With rsync(1):
> >
> >       rsync -n -aim --delete-excluded \
> >               --include-from=list \
> >               --include='*/' \
> >               --exclude='*' \
> >               source/ target
> >

> I don't understand what your command does exactly.  And this is surely

man rsync

     --include=PATTERN
            This option is a simplified form of the --filter option that
            specifies an include rule and does not allow the full rule-parsing
            syntax of normal filter rules.  This is equivalent to specifying
            -f'+ PATTERN'.

            See the FILTER RULES section for detailed information on this
            option.

     --include-from=FILE
            This option is related to the --include option, but it specifies a
            FILE that contains include patterns (one per line).  Blank lines
            in the file are ignored, as are whole-line comments that start
            with ';' or '#' (filename rules that contain those characters are
            unaffected).

            If a line begins with "- " (dash, space) or "+ " (plus, space),
            then the type of rule is being explicitly specified as an exclude
            or an include (respectively).  Any rules without such a prefix are
            taken to be an include.

            If a line consists of just "!", then the current filter rules are
            cleared before adding any further rules.

            If FILE is '-', the list will be read from standard input.

Coming back to the topic of this thread: I'm curious that nobody has mentioned
ansible/puppet/salt/... yet.

Best
     Martin