On 23/05/2024 20:18, Peter N. M. Hansteen wrote:
On Thu, May 23, 2024 at 11:14:20AM +0200, Why 42? The lists account. wrote:
I need to quickly create a solution for forwarding multicast traffic
between two systems, so I though perhaps I could use pf to do just that
by writing some rules along the lines of:

     1. pass in on iface A proto UDP ... tag mcast
     2. pass out on iface B tagged mcast

     And another pair of rules for the reverse direction B -> A.

(Obviously I'd add more options to filter specific addresses, etc.)
Possibly stupid question, but did you set the sysctl(s) to enable forwarding?

$ sysctl net.inet.ip.forwarding

and

$ sysctl net.inet6.ip6.forwarding

will provide the answer (as in, if those values are not 1, forwarding
between interfaces is not enabled)

And there is also mforwarding

net.inet.ip.forwarding
net.inet.ip.mforwarding