On Mon May 27, 2024 at 1:51 PM BST, Chris Narkiewicz wrote:
I have a netcup VPS and it crashed recently. After service restoration
and fsck, the system cannot obtain IPv4 using autoconf.

I'm wondering how I can debug DHCP autoconfiguration.  dhclient -v -d
doesn't show anything, as the functionality has been mmoved to
ifconfig.

ifconfig vio0 debug doesn't print anything.

Best regards,
Chris Narkiewicz

Hi Chris,

I had the same issue with one of my VPSs hosted at netcup after I
rebooted it some weeks ago. It looked like the DHCP server did not
respond.

In the end, I assigned my IP address statically and removed the DHCP
configuration.

Regards,
Souji