Thank you all for your replies.

Actually, I did not know that providing seamless switching VPN solutions is so
problematic. If it can't be done in a simple way, then it doesn't have to be
seamless at any cost. Users will manually reconnect to this VPN when CARP does
switchover and there will be no drama.

I am currently using IPSEC/L2TP, but I do not insist on switching to wireguard.
IPSEC/L2TP simply works smoothly on win10/11/mac. About 2020 I switched IKEv2
to IPSEC/L2TP when my CA certificate expired and I couldn't cope with updating
it to get a VPN back to work. It was a pandemic, and everybody worked remotely.
Then I quickly switched IKEv2 to IPSEC/L2TP to allow users to work remotely
again, and so it remains to this day. Maybe it's time to replace IPSEC/L2TP
with other/newer VPN solution - on the occasion of CARP deployment.

All I need is a highly secure VPN solution for win10/win11/mac. I have a dozen
very non-technical remote users and this VPN just has to always work when they
click CONNECT. That's what I got with IPSEC/L2TP. I also need to assign to
users static IP addresses per user - if I remember that IKEv2 assigned to users
random addresses from the entire VPN pool and I couldn't cope with IP/user
assignment.

Any suggestions - what to choose and how to configure it will be welcome.
Replication is therefore not a priority.

Radek