On 5/31/24 14:15, MIZSEI Zoltán wrote:
Interestingly BeOS and Haiku lets you to mount an audio cd, it
generates a vfs from the toc and shows the tracks as wav or flac
(fixme), it does an automatic conversion behind the courtains if you
copy a file from an audio cd.

To each their own, I guess, but I don't consider this a good idea.

To me, that sounds like a lot of unneeded magic going on at the kernel
level that should be a non-root, application thing.  The few times I
want to directly see the data on a CD, I'm generally digitizing the
contents of the CD, and running an application to do that is just
fine with me.

OpenBSD provides cdio(1), which has the "cdrip" option to extract
audio tracks to .wav files.  In the base system.

Nick.