----- Original Message -----
> I have really bad repetitive stress problems, so I have been looking at
> split mechanical keyboards. The Glove80 looks might it might be OK, but
> it's very expensive. Anyone used it?
>
> ------------------------------------
> After watching various reviews, it suddenly occurred to me that I
> already have a keyboard without a number pad and one with a number pad.
> I connected both and used my left hand with one and my right hand with
> the one with the keypad. A little weird but I can now touch type
> comfortably now with my hands spread far apart.
> I posted this with the hope that someone else might find this trick as
> much of a lifesaver as I did. I can finally touch type again.
>
> I'm really not sure that I want to spend $400 on a keyboard that I can't
> take for a test drive first.

I have both a Model 01 and a Model 100 from Keyboardio. The interconnect
between the two halves is a standard ethernet cable, so you can position
the two halves any distance you like.

On the plus side, they have completely relieved all of the pain in my wrists.
They're also quite attractive, although that's always in the eye of the
beholder.

On the negative side, they require a bit of muscle training - many of the
common keys are in different locations (enter, tab), and some common
programming keys ( {}, [] ) are in different locations. It took a couple
of weeks to get used to, and if you regularly go back and forth with a
standard keyboard (like on a laptop), it might take even longer to train
your fingers. And, well, $350.

I hope you find something that works for you. Wrist pain sucks.