On 2024-06-07, Martin <i...@protonmail.com> wrote:
> Are you supposed to "bridge" the vlan with the physical interface?

No.

Bridging a vlan with the physical interface used as parent for that vlan
makes no sense at all.

In some cases you might want to bridge a vlan with a *different* physical
interface.

> I have:
>
> $ cat /etc/hostname.em0
> up
>
> $ cat /etc/hostname.vlan101
> vnetid 101 parent em0
> inet autoconf
> up
>
> In /etc/pf.conf I have replaced em0 with vlan101 for ext_if.
>
> I get "No route to host" if I try to ping something, etc.
>
> But if add:
>
> $ cat /etc/hostname.bridge0
> add vlan101
> add em0
> up
>
> Then it works.
>
> Was the bridge part missed in the previous emails about how to use
> VLAN-tagging or am I missing something?

Seems like whatever you're connecting to is either not sending you vlan
tagged packets, or not dealing with vlan tagged packets sent by you.