On Wed, Jun 12, 2024, at 6:47 PM, shadrock uhuru wrote:
> the story start with my root partition being totally out of space which
> caused me great problem when i came to using sysupgrade,
> most of the space was taken up by the /dev  directory,

A note on how you got into the original situation without addressing all the
things you've done since: /dev should only be a few dozen KB in size (less than
50). Some time in the past, you likely wrote a significant amount of data to a
new file in /dev rather than the device you intended. Next time, do:

ls -lhS /dev/|head

Brian