Hello Misc,

I occasionally have a problem in which my laptop doesn't
wake from sleep.  The power LED just keeps blinking
indefinitely when I open the lid.  Closing the lid and opening
it again doesn't seem to help.  The machine doesn't
respond to a ping from the network.

The occurrence of this is random -- I can't put my finger on
what might be causing it.  Openbsd is currently running v7.4
on v9 of an X1, but it has happened previously on X1 versions
4 and 5 with earlier versions of the OS.  I have to hold the
power button down until the machine turns off and then restart
it.  During boot there are a bunch of fsck corrections, but
I haven't noticed anything fatal.  However, this makes me
nervous for obvious reasons.  The machine can be either
on battery or wall power as I recall.  The battery is not
near being depleted.

Has anybody else experienced this?  Any suggestions for
diagnostics or fixes?

Dave Raymond

David J. Raymond
david.raym...@nmt.edu