On Sat, Jun 22, 2024 at 03:46:16PM GMT, Anon Loli wrote:
On Sat, Jun 22, 2024 at 03:11:50PM +0000, Anon Loli wrote:
(I sent this a few hours ago, but I didn't see it in the mailing list, I think
you aren't allowed to have a ':' in the subject title)

Hello list and fellow wizards

I have a problem installing OpenBSD on one of my computers
I tried 7.3 and 7.5 installs, both(I think, not sure if both share same "hd0a"
part) give me this right after BOOT command is
initiated in the initial OpenBSD screen:
cannot open hd0a:/etc/random.seed: No such file or directory

It's normal for that message to appear when you're booting from an install image. I guess /etc/random.seed is not included because it would be the same for everyone, defeating the purpose of the file.

And I can't use DD on other drives such as a SD or a WD device

Do you know what the issue is? It could be just some BIOS option, but I loaded
EFI defaults so IDK

I also forgot to mention that during installation I used auto-partitioning, and
that seems to have gone well, except that the / partition was like 130% full
because /dev/rsd1 which was the other drive, was like 600M in size or something
like that, and I was even able to `rm /dev/rsd1` without problem and that freed
up the negative storage space.. so I'm sure that it's something related to
storage, maybe a BIOS setting, or maybe my USB drive was corrupted or
something?

/dev/rsd1 should not exist. Probably it is a regular file you created with a command like cat image > /dev/rsd1. This is a great way to accidentally fill up your root partition. If you want to overwrite the contents of sd1, the device you want is /dev/rsd1c.

--
James