Hi!

On Thu, Mar 23, 2006 at 01:55:29PM -0500, Michael Hernandez wrote:
>I noticed that donations to OpenBSD "are not US tax deductible as
>charitable contribution".

I don't actually understand what that whining about tax deduction is
about.

If tax deduction means, for example, that you get 25% of your donation
back from the tax offices, then you can just donate 75% of what you'd
donate to a tax deductable organization to OpenBSD, and the net result
for your company/corporation/... is the same, and OpenBSD at least
got *some* money.

What's the problem with that?

Kind regards,

Hannah.

PS: And what would it help the rest of the world if there were a
tax deductible foundation in the US?

PS2: If you actually need it, why don't you just *create* a foundation
"friends of OpenBSD, US", do the paperwork to make it a recognized
charity with the purpose to support OpenBSD development, e.g. by funding
people working for OpenBSD, or by funding hotel stays/travel costs for
hackatons? Then the OpenBSD project proper wouldn't have the hassles
with all the paperwork etc.