Hi folks,

I have no doubt this will turn out to be pilot error, so apologies in advance.

We have a server with an APC UPS via USB, which was working fine over
several sysupgrades to 7.4. Since 7.5, not so much.

I also did a package update (pkg_add -ui) as part of the process, and
saw that nut was updated - but didn't see anything change of
significance.

I'm familiar with restoring the ownerships and rights to /dev/ugen0.00
and /dev/usb0 (in my case) after the sysupgrade.

Running "upsdrvctl start" now returns an error, including:

USB communication driver (libusb 1.0) 0.46
interrupt pipe disabled (add 'pollonly' flag to 'ups.conf' to get rid
of this message)
libusb1: Could not open any HID devices: insufficient permissions on everything
No matching HID UPS found

The thing I find very odd is that running nut-scanner before the
sysupgrade gave me a sensible result:

Scanning USB bus.
[nutdev1]
driver = "usbhid-ups"
port = "auto"
vendorid = "051D"
productid = "0003"
product = "Smart-UPS_3000 FW:UPS 06.0 / ID=1027"
serial = "xxxxxxx"
vendor = "American Power Conversion"
bus = "000"

Afterwards, it's odd:

Cannot load SNMP library (libnetsnmp.so) : file not found. SNMP search disabled.
Cannot load XML library (libneon.so) : file not found. XML search disabled.
Scanning USB bus.
[nutdev1]
driver = "apc_modbus"
port = "auto"
vendorid = "051D"
productid = "0003"
product = "Smart-UPS_3000 FW:UPS 06.0 / ID=1027"
serial = "xxxxxxx"
vendor = "American Power Conversion"
bus = "000"
device = "002"
busport = "003"
###NOTMATCHED-YET###bcdDevice = "0001"

Modbus? Really? (I tried it anyway; didn't work. No surprise.)

I conclude that I've missed permissions on something (new?), as
suggested by the error message. But what?

Any help gratefully received.

Steve