Dear Alexandre

Am 2024-07-29 09:59, schrieb Alexandre Ratchov:
The -r and -e options are device properties, so they must precede the
-f option that adds the device. Try this:

rcctl set sndiod flags -e s24 -r 96000 -f rsnd/1 -m play

This is because there may be multiple devices with different
parameters. See the last paragraphs of the DESCRIPTION section of
sndiod(8).

Thanks a lot for your prompt reply and your explanation. Works
perfectly!

I had read sndiod(8) before writing to misc@openbsd.org, but apparently
not fully understood the implications of that particular passage
(placed `-m play` at the beginning of the command ...). My apologies -
lesson learnt.

I'm 68 and and using OpenBSD since April this year, but that's no
excuse for not reading the excellent man pages carefully enough (they
have already helped me a lot in configuring our home office PCs!).

Again, many thanks, and best regards

Rolf