> Go defend the humanity out of the misc@.

I think that discussing the legitimacy of intellectual "property" from a philosophical rather than a practical standpoint is highly constructive and beneficial.

The reason I completely reject the so-called copyleft "free" software licenses and fully support the copyright policy of the OpenBSD project [1] is that I am fundamentally opposed to any form of "ownership" over intangible goods. I do not consider it ethical. I believe that I should only have control over the original work hosted on my hardware. What comes out of there should not be under my control. I find the restrictions imposed by copyleft "free" software licenses to be just as unethical as those used in proprietary software licenses. For me, the end does not justify the means under any circumstances; it is a matter of ethics. Since I don't want to make this email too long, I recommend reading this article to learn about the arguments that support my (and others') position on this issue [2].

Setting aside the philosophical aspects and focusing on practical matters, I am content with avoiding legal complications by adding a disclaimer clause and waiving any legal action, even if the sole condition of retaining the license and copyright notice is violated.

> I meant CC0 specifically.

The main practical problem with dedicating a work to the public domain under the current system is that some jurisdictions do not recognize an author's right to relinquish their intellectual "property" "rights" before the expiration of the term established by law. In cases where public domain dedication is not legally possible, the author (by name) must explicitly authorize the use of a work for any exceptions to the standard intellectual "property" restrictions to apply. In summary, a license is necessary to waive any copy "rights" privileges. As a result, if someone in the U.S. dedicates a work to the public domain, it can theoretically be used without restrictions in the U.S., but in another country, it may be illegal for a recipient to use it without obtaining explicit permission from the copyright holder (by name) [3].