On Sun, Mar 26, 2006 at 06:43:38AM +0000, Didier Wiroth wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I built a release from the OPENBSD_3_9 cvs sources a few days ago and
> installed them on my soekris gate, a net 4801 with a soekris 1411 mini-pci
> vpn card.
>
> When I ssh to the soekris host or I ssh from my soekris box to another one, I
> get disconnected with the following message: "corrupted mac on input". It
> happens on a inregular basis at random intervals.
>
> a) Is anyone else experiencing the problem?
> b) How can I solve the problem?

  yeah, it's not just you.  i have a 4801 with 1411 and am
  seeing the same thing.  not sure if it is related to 1411,
  i'm testing with blowfish-cbc for my ssh connection at the moment.

  this machine also terminates IPSec tunnels who use AES and
  we haven't seen anything specifically weird on those; just
  ssh access into the machine.

  i am getting it since upgrading to mar.19 snapshots.

  haven't had time to figure it out yet tho.  i can't tickle it
  to have it happen on purpose.

  soekris forwards packets fine except for one odd
  corner case which i am not certain isn't the fault of my pf ruleset/config.
  i get the 'corrupted mac' from either the LAN or the WAN ifaces (sis0/sis2).

  had it happen once to me a long time ago (~1yr?) and then it went away
  after another snapshot upg.

  if i find anything and i don't see anything on list, i'll let you know.

--

  jared

[ openbsd 3.9-current GENERIC ( mar 15 ) // i386 ]