Jason Stubbs wrote:
Ryan McBride wrote:
On Mon, Mar 27, 2006 at 12:32:31PM +0900, Jason Stubbs wrote:
Same main question as in the last thread I posted to, but without any of the distractions. Can a pair of redundant firewalls be used with arpbalance without being affected by the "state race"?

It should work fine with arpbalance, as there shouldn't be a "state
race"; effectively each host is being served by only one firewall unless
there is a failure.

# hostname -s
# for x in /etc/hostname.carp*; do echo $x: $(<$x); done
# ifconfig | tail -n 16
# sysctl net.inet.carp.{preempt,arpbalance}
# pfctl -s nat

# arping -I br0 -c 1 10.0.0.1

# arping -c 1 192.168.1.193; ping -c 1 192.168.1.193

Is this not enough information? If so, what else is needed?
Is it a configuration issue? If so, what?
Is my use case unsupported? If so, what arpbalance cases are supported?
Was this just an unknown issue? If so, please acknowledge it.

Complete lack of response is very disheartening...

--
Jason Stubbs