> Certainly, but it really depends on how security-aware those sysadmins
are.
> Here, a security team is necessary to lay the LART upon the heads of
those
> ubiquitous non-IT engineers who have been given sysadmin powers and
who
> haven't a clue about security.  It means when I discover a gaping
hole in
> someone's project I don't have to waste my time wielding the LART.

> Greg

Oh yeah! And when did you discovered the last security hole in a
vendor's
application, say Oracle?  Would you really blame the sysadmin?  Did you
advised
the corporate management to through out a SAP/PeopleSoft application
because
you can see hole in their application(s)?

Or you talking here about perimeter security, like opening a port on
one the firewalls?

Ioan