Vincent Meanie wrote:
I am attempting to use a 3ware 9500s, the problem is how it displays the 8 disks as one large 2.3tb disk. There are documented issues with disks over 1tb, will partitioning under this limit prevent further issues, or will I have to look forward to errors in the future from the filesystem?

http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq14.html#LargeDrive
says it pretty clear, I hope.  One large 2.3 TB disk is unlikely to work.

Granted 3.9 will be out soon, but I am just going off of the information

3.9 won't change this.  4.0 probably won't.
Work is being done, but slowly and carefully, just as I'm sure you would want something so critical to be done. No one wants to lose data on their 256M flash device because of a sloppy addition of multi-T support.

There are some kinds of work that are just plain terrifying to do, file systems are way up there, if not top of the list.

I have at hand. I attempted to use an unsupported card that could present sized luns to the OS, but it was an unreliable production sample, and the 3ware card is what I have.

...speaking of unreliable...
3ware isn't anyone's favorite around here...

Nick.