On Mon, Apr 03, 2006 at 07:03:02PM +0100, Nick Guenther wrote:
> On 4/3/06, Joco Salvatti <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I'd like to know if it's possible to mount a Windows share that is
> > located on a Windows 2003 server machine which also has my OpenBSD
> > 3.8. My machine does not belong to the Windows machine's domain. I've
> > tried the same system to mount with GNU/Linux but I hadn't any
> > success. I've already search for informations on man pages, but all
> > I've got were some parameter misusage. If anyone can help me, I'd be
> > very thankful.
>
> Wait, so you mean that you have one single box that has two OSes on
> it? And you want to share the Windows share while running OpenBSD? Or
> do you mean that you want to mount a windows share onto the OpenBSD
> filesystem?
>
> In either case, you're looking for Samba. It sounds like you've tried
> it, so post what you've tried.

It's hard to tell just what is being asked, but if its to mount an SMB
server (eg: a Windows shared folder) than Samba won't do it, IIRC the
"smbmount" subsystem isn't included in our port of Samba.

Sharity-light is the facility I use to mount Windows OS shares on OpenBSD.
That said, I use Sharity-light in a workgroup environment, not a domain,
so cannot speak to authentication requirements.

   -Josh-