Am 30.09.2026 um 18:32 schrieb H. Hartzer:
> I think this is largely a hardware support thing and you'll have a range
> of supported speeds. Like you might have 800MHz, 1200MHz, 1800MHz, and
> finally 2200MHz.
It is. I failed to find a way to program the hardware clock generators
in any way to accomplish this. It's like soldering a different quartz
onto the PCB. I understand that.

Maybe I need to explain what made me ask for this. Timeouts used by e.g.
cnd_timedwait or pthreads_cond_timedwait and functions like those
internally use CLOCK_REALTIME or CLOCK_MONOTONIC. The issue with this is
that those clocks advance "in hardware". It can well happen that the
scheduler never provided any compute to a thread waiting on some
condition so that the condition may well time out, although the waiting
thread never got scheduled in between - so to say. I am having a hard
time setting up some environment I can use to reliable test this.

T1 calls cnd_timedwait/pthreads_cond_timedwait
The clocks those timeouts are controlled by advance in hardware
independently of the scheduler having scheduled T1.
T1 gets scheduled but only gets to see the timeout, although it never
got scheduled in between.

I am failing to find a way to test

if (timed out but has not have a chance to progress)

Regards,
-- 
Christian


Reply via email to