Wijnand Wiersma wrote:
On 4/5/06, Henning Brauer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I'm sick and tired of this "OpenBSD doesn't perform well" FUD. It is
nothing but FUD or over-generalization.

Well, I don't entirely agree.
At some tasks OpenBSD feels sluggish, X performs much slower for
example then on *sigh* Linux *sigh*.

So, why blame OpenBSD for that then. Did they design it?

I will return that to you the same way then. Is PF run as well and fast on Linux, or at all for some distributions then compare to OpenBSD?

But is there anything better at this time however?

Don't answer the above. Just sit back and think for yourself.

However, isn't at the same time your "sluggish" operation that found many bugs, some of witch were there for 10 years+ in the same X. All because of how the OpenBSD is design.

I don't know, I would start to argue looking at the finding at large that if it doesn't work well on OpenBSD, may be it is a software that may be is not design properly, just may be...

Again, don't answer that, but dig the archive for proof.

Again use the proper tools for the job based on your requirements, but be fair in your statements as well.

But I was really surprised and happy to see a webserver to be faster
then FreeBSD after switching :-)

And that isn't maintain by the project now? See what I mean. You can't blame the project for things that have nothing to do with. But for what they do, it sure is very well done and if you stick with what's supported, you will be amaze at what you get!

It all depends on the right tool for the job I guess.

Yes it does!