Michael wrote:

Hello,

First of all, i am new to OpenBSD, but i have extensive experience with FreeBSD.

I recently installed OpenBSD 3.8. I updated it with cvs to -stable. Like most of the Admins i want to strip the OS to exclude things i don't need, i.e. no IPV6 support, etc.

Although it's normal with other OS's, customer kernels are not highly encouraged in OpenBSD, and help with problems in that case will be limited or nonexistent. Most knobs that you want to turn are available through other means (man sysctl(8) and/or config(8)). Try very hard to find what you want to turn off with sysctl or config before you even think about doing a custom kernel.

I read about the file /etc/mk.conf in which you can disable compile options. These options will then apply to the src and the portstree. Ofcourse i don't know from head which options are available and what they are called. I would like to know where i can find a default mk.conf in where all possible options are listed, so i can choose what to disable.

If you want a list of options, man mk.conf(5) will help a lot. I don't know of a sample file, personally.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]   |  http://bsd.phoenix.az.us/
http://www.stilyagin.com/  |