On Apr 9, 2006, at 12:10 PM, Jeff Quast wrote:

On 4/9/06, Joachim Schipper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Sat, Apr 08, 2006 at 01:04:33PM -0400, Jeff Quast wrote:
I've been using openbsd+pf for a router for some time at a neighbor's
house. The router has been upgraded and now has several NIC's.

I'd like to use multiple interfaces with crossover cables instead of a single interface with a switch behind it for the internal network, how
would this best be done? I attempted to bridge all of the internal
interfaces, but I don't think this would do what I need it to, since a
bridge can't have an IP address, and it did not apear to work.

You could bridge them - this would be the classical 'switch' solution.
How to get this done is another question.

dc0 was the classic internal interface running dhcpd. I kept that
interface as-is.

I set dc1, dc2, and rl0 as (only) "up" in their hostname.if files.

I placed dc0, dc1, dc2, and rl0 into bridgename.bridge0 with default
settings, like add dc0 add dc1, etc.

brconfig showed bridge0 as it probobly should apear. Mac addresses of
each client were listed on the proper port.

dhcpd would not respond to client requests. I could use tcpdump on,
say rl0 and see the dhcpd requests, but I did not see it on dc0. with
IP addresses set manually, a client on dc2 could not ping a client of
the same subnet on dc1, etc. I assumed the bridge did not do what I
thought it was supposed to do, and dropped it.

Did you tell dhcpd to listen on the bridge (or the individual interfaces) in /etc/dhcpd.interfaces?

Frank