> 1. How well supported are the C3 boards such as the M10000?

My home firewall is running on a PD10000.  Similar to the M10000, except with
two NICs.  NICs are supported.  I don't think Xorg supports the VIA graphics
chip, but doesn't matter to me.
http://www.logicsupply.com/product_info.php/cPath/78_76/products_id/234

> 2. I'd like to switch to a nice 1U case. Logicsupply has Casetronic and
> Morex cases which are nice; gtweb.net also has some. Other recommendations?

I bought mine from Logicsupply, along with a decent little Morex case.  (I'd
give ya a link to it, but it looks like Logicsupply doesn't carry my model
case any more).

> 4. Are the C7 boards supported in 3.9?

I'm running a 3.9 beta snapshot from January-ish.

--Matt