Michael Bibby wrote:
hi all:

I use Marvell Yukon 88E8053 Gigabit Ethernet Controller on my laptop, but i
can't find a driver for OpenBSD 3.8,
So i want to know is there any other people use it and have a driver for it?

thanks.

Bibby
2006/04/17

I've had that chipset working with OpenBSD 3.8 and 3.9 from 2006-04-06 (I believe that was the date) on an Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe nForce4. I don't have the dmesg for it. I had to return that mobo for other reasons and forgot to archive the dmesg before I reformatted. I do have the newer version of that board, though, and it has the Marvel Yukon 88E1011.

Here's the relevant portion from the dmesg:

skc0 at pci1 dev 12 function 0 "Marvell SKv2" rev 0x13: irq 3
skc0: Marvell Yukon Lite (0x9)
sk0 at skc0 port A: address 00:15:f2:1d:21:6a
eephy0 at sk0 phy 0: Marvell 88E1011 Gigabit PHY, rev. 5
"Nvidia CK804 LAN" rev 0xa3 at pci0 dev 10 function 0 not configured

As you can see 3.8 shipping found the port and configured it. The Nvididia, port, however it couldn't. Based on my experience with the 88E8053 chipset on the other motherboard it seems reasonable to expect it would work with your laptop. Have you tried booting with 3.8 shipping or one of the 3.9 snapshots and looked through the dmesg?

I posted more about this mobo at <http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=openbsd-misc&m=114531096016196&w=2>

--Aaron