Nick Holland schreef:

and then log in (or have them disable PF or ...).  You can also look at
/var/log/authlog for clues as to why you can't log in as you wish now.

Nick.

Thanks Nick. Look what I found in authlog:

Apr 19 16:09:17 Speculum sshd[15678]: User jabal not allowed because shell /usr/local/bin/tcsh does not exist

This is probably stupid, but I removed the tcsh pkg. I did think about possible difficulties logging in without, but i didn't think long enough.

All my users use tcsh. Root uses csh. If I could only remember the password...

Jasper