Ashley Moran wrote:
> simplicity) is Pound.  From what I read, failover is best provided by
> Heartbeat although so far I have only skimmed a few FAQs.

I use 'heartbeast' for several years now and would not do so again.
Failover always takes several seconds because of ARP change propagation.

> Do you think that avenue may lead to a more robust solution?

No.

--

 Stephan A. Rickauer

 Institut f|r Neuroinformatik          Tel: +41 44 635 30 50
 Universitdt / ETH Z|rich              Sek: +41 44 635 30 52
 Winterthurerstrasse 190               Fax: +41 44 635 30 53
 CH-8057 Z|rich                        Web:  www.ini.ethz.ch

 RSA public key: https://www.ini.ethz.ch/~stephan/pubkey.asc

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/pgp-signature which had
a name of signature.asc]