I noticed this awhile back on 3.9-current and it is still there in the latest snapshot I tried (4/22)...I am hoping someone has seen this..

I installed from the snapshot and didnt customise a thing. When the machine is done loading (IBM rack server)...I simply logged in (as root at the moment).

I am not running serial or headless. I have a normal monitor/keyboard (PS2) plugged in.

When I type at the console to begin to setup the machine, the characters do not follow me in real time as I type. Its like I am on an overseas long distance 300 baud dialup line.

There is quite a delay and sometimes I can type several words and then a few seconds later - they show up.

This does not happen on the same machine if I install 3.8.
I have (4) identical machines (make/model/ram/cpu/hard drives) and they all work fine with 3.8 - it is only past 3.8 that I noticed this.

Any thoughts? - should I file a bug?

Thanks-

-JD