On 4/23/06, Leonardo Rodrigues <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> If I go from Windows to OpenBSD by restarting the laptop (i.e,
> choosing in windows to restart the machine), OpenBSD fails to boot.
> But, if I choose to power the laptop down instead of restarting,
> OpenBSD boots fine.
>
> Seems that Windows is leaving garbage somewhere on the system...

I haven't been following this thread, but I have this exact same
problem on my laptop (and Dell Latitude C600). Also, it's not just
window's fault, if I warm-boot in either direction the new OS doesn't
load properly, but instead gets jammed during it's initialization. The
solution is just to cold-boot when I want to switch.

-Nick