I just had that problem with a Powerbook. Basically you have to edit the disk size manually. I don't know how with pdisk (I used an MBR rather than HFS partition scheme) but in fdisk do the following:

1> print
    [note the number of sectors ]
1> edit 3
Partition id ('0' to disable) [0 - FF]: [83] -- accept the suggested
    Do you wish to edit in CHS mode? [n] -- accept the suggested
offset: [some-number-appropriate-to-your-disk] -- accept the suggested size: [some-wrong-value] -- enter here <number-of-sectors> - <offset> (e.g., 490223475 - 4032315 = 486191160)
1> write
1> quit (actually, quit causes a write)

I had to reboot the first time before I did this because for some reason it didn't recreate the i partition for the disklabel. Other than that it worked fine.

--Aaron