On Fri, 21 Apr 2006, Mitja Mu?eni? wrote:

I'm debbuging something weird here. Before I put together a full and
sanitized error report, just a quick question: is anybody else seeing DPD to
just stop working after a couple of hours, or is it just me & my setup?

I have some pre-3.9 -current (mid March or so) machines running some IPsec
tunnels, and from the IKE dump it appears that after two hours both ends
suddenly stop sending DPD R_U_THERE requests, even if the tunnel is totally
idle (for example, if I down the interface connecting the hosts). The

The lack of reponses suggest you'll need to post verbose tcpdump(8) output and up the bebugging greatly on isakmpd(8).

Have you tested basic IP connectivity for problems?

~BAS