* Sylvain Coutant <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2006-04-28 18:23]:
> Hi,
>
> One funny thing today. One of our customer did announce us too many routes.
> The max-prefix has been reached (was 5) and the session closed.
>
> A few seconds later I saw several peering sessions go down in the logs but
> did not thought about any links between events. Having had exchange with
> network managers on the other sides, they told me I reached the max-prefix on
> their side (was at 10 and I usually announce 2 routes + 5 from my customer).
>
> That means I did announce up to 10 routes at some point. I announce 2 for us
> and should have 5 more from my customer. That's 7 routes max. How could I
> have reached 10 announced prefixes ? What I imagine is that for a few seconds
> I did announce all the routes I received from my customer before the
> max-prefix did cut the session ? Would this be possible that max-prefix is
> not synchronously checked ?

well, your 2 plus the 5 from your other customers plus the
$max-prefix from your misbehaving customer probably exceeded 10. even
if the $max-prefix ones were removed shortly after the session was
closed they were of course announced & revoked to your peers as well.

--
BS Web Services, http://www.bsws.de/
OpenBSD-based Webhosting, Mail Services, Managed Servers, ...