Nick Holland wrote:
Steve wrote:
Hi all,

I am currently using 3.8 release with a basic X install and rdesktop as a thin term
for a windows terminal server.

I would like to migrate this to compact flash or similar.

Flashdist and flashboot dont seem to be able to accomodate this.

as they were designed for tiny, non-X setups, I'd be surprised if they did.

Am I missing something or are there alternatives.

You seem to be missing the obvious: Install OpenBSD normally on a
sufficient sized flash media.  What is wrong with this solution?

You can't easily buy 16M CF devices anymore. 512M will probably do the job.
If starting a new project, start with 3.9, as things got a lot bigger due
to the addition of debugging symbols in libraries. Might have to leave out the compXX file set, not much desire to compile from source on flash anyway.

Nick.

Thanks all,

No didnt miss it. Just wanted to keep the costs as low as possible. I was guessing however that I was going to require at least a couple
of gigs of flash.

Thanks heaps for the feedback.

Steve