> How do I configure cyrus imapd to retrieve mail from normal unix mailboxes
> and validate against the unix password? I have been trying to find info on
> it and I can't find anything that works with v2.2.12 from 3.8 ports. Can
> someone point me in the right direction?

The Cyrus lists are probably a more appropriate forum for this question,
but this should get you started:

a) Cyrus cannot use normal UNIX mailboxes.  It has its own internal (and
quite scalable) format.

b) The Cyrus SASL2 port compiles and works quite well.  Cyrus IMAP can be
configured to use sasl to authenticate, and sasl can be configured to
authenticate against the OpenBSD password file (via the "getpwent" method).

-J