On Sun, Apr 30, 2006 at 12:38:28PM +0200, Lasse Bach wrote:
> Maybe someone on the mailing list can provide me with an answer to:
> 1. Can v5 af the card be used with the ral driver?
> 2. Why are such information not available to their customers?

Some time around the 3.7 release I went shopping for wifi cards and
discovered that Linksys printed the version number on a small sticker on
the box. So I picked up a version 4 with ralink. I've been telling
people to look for the small sticker. Last time (a week ago?) I was in a
computer store I checked... the sticker with version number is now gone.

I really doubt that Linksys took any grief from customers for providing
too much information in the past. Their motivation must be different. I
can only speculate.

If they don't make the information readily available on the box, and
then tell you you are not to be told what's inside the box, then they
obviously don't want your business. Give your business to someone else.

Since you've already gone to the trouble of contacting Linksys, perhaps
you would consider now writing them and telling them they've lost your
business due to their secretive policies.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]   |  http://bsd.phoenix.az.us/
http://www.stilyagin.com/  |