I've been tinkering with the code a bit, and found a dirty workaround.
I changed all the snprintf's and sscanf's calls using %a to %f. Things
compiled and installed fine, and the app (window manager enlightenment
dr17, code from CVS) seems to be working fine as far as I have tested,
though I am quite sure I'll experience problems sooner or later =)
I'll try to link libtrio and use trio_snprintf and trio_sscanf with
the %a flag instead of using the %f flag and see if it works better or
whatever...

Still... its quite interesting that things are working like they
should. %a should give me an hexadecimal fractional while %f should
give me a decimal fractional. Things should be really messed up on
E17... Well, let's wait and see.

On 4/28/06, Giancarlo Razzolini <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Otto Moerbeek wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Apr 2006, Gustavo Rios wrote:
>
>> I could suggest one to avoid ANSI C functions as much as possible.
>> Write his/her own ones. Why? The motivation has been stated by you:
>> portability concerns.
>
> Only if you believe the code you produce is better than the result of
> the effort of hundreds of people over a period of more than 20 years.
>
> People inventing the wheel over and over is nothing more than a waste
> of effort and a endless source of bugs.  Effort that instead could
> have been spent on providing more C99 features to our libc.
>
>       -Otto

Programming in ANSI is the best way to get portability. I agree with
Otto. Invent the wheel over and over is a waste that could be put to
some good use. The only place that i believe that invent the wheel is
good is when you are learning. After that point, using ANSI functions,
is the best way to program correctly, securely and portable.

My 2 cents,
--
Giancarlo Razzolini
Linux User 172199

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/pgp-signature which had
a name of signature.asc]

--
An OpenBSD user... and that's all you need to know =)