On May 8, 2006, at 6:45 AM, dave feustel wrote:

On Sunday 07 May 2006 11:35, Jason Dixon wrote:

I assumed that you would be bright enough to use Google to understand
the purpose of kio (virtual file system library).  I was mistaken in
giving you the benefit of the doubt.  Now that you know what kio is
for, does it start to make sense why it would access files in /etc
that pertain to file sharing?

It is interesting to see the leaps in your logic. I do not run samba. It
actually got installed by my mistake and I deleted as much of it as I
could because I consider it a big security vulnerability.

You just don't get it, do you? It doesn't matter if you're running Samba or not. Kio will attempt to access those files which it is programmed to use for its purpose (virtual file system library). The files in /etc that you mentioned are part of this task.

--
Jason Dixon
DixonGroup Consulting