Hi all,

Dispite this silly object, I'm interesting in porting some iptables
conn_track listed here :
http://www.netfilter.org/documentation/HOWTO//netfilter-extensions-HOWTO-5.html.
I'm mostly interested in the pptp conntrack, which I need for my
nat-box. I'd like an advise : what's the most appropriate place to run
such extensions ? If using pf kernel space, the kernel will grow with
many suported protocols.  If using userland proxy and some pf rdr,
it's sometimes "ugly" : I'm thinking to PPTP, where you need to
configure a target PPTP server per proxy, so you need n proxy for n
target server, which is.... ugly. On the other hand, ftp-proxy works
great in userland. Or PPPoE which can run in both... Is there a rule
of thumb to determine the good place for some connection
tracking/proxy for a given protocol ?

Best regards,

Bruno.